Nevo Developments Ltd are offering a unique opportunity for an exceptional CNC Engineer/Programmer to join our small team in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Job Title: CNC Engineer/Programmer
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Nevo designs and manufactures very high precision components for F1. We operate out of state of the art facilities using the latest in software and machines to manufacture safety critical steering components and special gears to extremely exacting standards.
We are passionate about everything we do and enjoy an enviable reputation in F1 for our manufacturing expertise. We are unique in our approach and this is reflected in the role we are offering.
CNC Engineer/Programmer - The Role:
We are looking for a well-rounded and experienced CNC engineer/programmer that is looking for a challenging hands-on role in manufacturing low volume high precision components from design of fixturing and work holding, development of cutting strategies and methodology, selection of tooling, CAM programming and testing, as well has hands on setting up and running small batches of parts on milling and turning machines.
We are not a subcontract shop where the range of components to be manufactured is large and the emphasis is on high throughput. Instead, we are very low volume with a relatively low number of designs meaning that the emphasis is on sound engineering principles to ensure the highest precision possible within the constraints of the project. The focus is always towards getting the job right and you will be given the resources needed to enable this approach in everything you do.
CNC Engineer/Programmer - The Candidate:
- You will ideally have Siemens NX CAM experience, although competency in other high end 5-Axis CAM packages will be considered
- You will enjoy all aspects of working with high end CNC machines to manufacture complex components and get a sense of satisfaction and achievement from your work
- You will be very familiar and be comfortable with a range of Fanuc controlled machines, including 3, 4 and 5axis high speed machining centres and multi-axis lathes
- You will have a background in subcontracting machining, or a similar low volume and/or high precision manufacturing environment and will therefore already have developed a can-do approach to your work
- You will aspire to have a leading role in a motivated company at the cutting edge of its field
- You will have very high personal standard of workmanship, and your attention to detail will be exceptional
- You will understand high precision and the elements that fit together to make it possible
The role is demanding during the F1 build season (Winter) but much more relaxed over the Summer months and flexible working hours are on offer as well as a generous salary package of up to £75,000 for the right candidate.
Strictly no agencies
Key Words: F1, Formula1, Formula One, Siemens NX, CAM, Fanuc, 5 axis, programming, CNC